Choosing lots of different foods is important for normal growth and development.
Here are a few ideas to help you raise happy children:
- Eat together as a family at the table and keep the TV and other distractions away.
- Reward your children with attention and hugs instead of food treats.
- Children are smaller than adults so don’t need adult size meals.
- Aim for at least three servings of vegetables and two of fruit every day.
- Drink water or reduced-fat milk instead of juice or fizzy drinks.
- Swap biscuits, cakes and lollies for sliced fresh fruit, yoghurt, cheese slices, small sandwiches and chopped vegetables.
- Try homemade takeaways like burgers, pizzas and oven wedges as alternatives to store bought.