Breast milk is all your baby needs until they are around six months old.
This is because breast milk:
- is the perfect food for your baby
- contains all the nutrients your baby needs
- changes with your baby’s needs
- helps protect your baby against infection
- is free, safe, environmentally friendly and ready to use.
Research shows that breast-fed babies are more accepting of new foods than babies who are formula-fed. This is because breast milk gets its flavours from the mother’s diet.
For more information on breastfeeding and to order free leaflets, visit the HealthEd website