Being physically active doesn’t have to cost money. There are heaps of free or low cost activities in your local community.
- Playgrounds are fun and free places to be active. Find a playground with challenging equipment for your kids.
- Parks are a great place to kick or pass a ball around, fly a kite, play a game of catch or try a local skate park for scooting.
- Fun games can be played inside or outside. Try hopscotch, jump rope, building a fort or playing hide and seek.
- Your local swimming pool is a fun activity, rain or shine.
- There are heaps of activities to do at the beach. Go for a swim, play tug of war, have a race or explore the rock pools.
- Put some music on and encourage your kids to dance. If friends are over, try musical statues.
- Go for a bike ride or walk with friends or whānau. Fun cycle trails can be found here: http://nzcycletrail.com/ and family walking trails here: http://www.teararoa.org.nz/auckland/.